How I Create My Sacred Space
Hey Light Tribe, I promised that I would share how I create my sacred space, and so here it is. I made a video explaining how I do it, but I thought I would go more in depth on here. I mentioned that I'm planning on creating another sacred space in either my closet or corner that will eventually become my meditation corner, so I'll post another video showing the exact creation then.
So when it comes to creating my sacred space, I always follow a certain routine or set of steps.
- Set my intention: I sit down and think about why I want to create this space. Do I want it to be for prayer/meditation or for inviting more positive vibrations or for creating passion in my life? I meditate and connect with my higher power and think of what I want this space to be.
- Pick a space: Next I try to figure out where the space is for. My space in my window is created to bring more positive energy and life into my room. So I placed it in my windowsill because the natural light makes me think of life. So choose a space that fits your needs.
- Clear items from the space: This one is kind of self explanatory. You want everything to be on the same frequency or wavelength. So you don't want yesterdays socks to be in your sacred space that's meant to bring passion into your life. So remove everything from the area that is going to become your space.
- Wipe your space down with a physical cleaner: Surfaces can gather dust or grime and you don't really want that in your space. So I wipe the space down with a multi surface cleaner.
- Wipe down the surface with a spiritual cleaner: So after using the multipurpose cleaner, I wipe down my space again with a spiritual cleaner. You can use whatever spiritual cleanser you want. I use either Florida water or sage water to wipe down my surface with. I use a white wash cloth or a black wash cloth depending on what I can find. All that matters is that you hold the intention you set at the beginning while you cleanse your space.
- Smudge my space: So to further fortify my sacred space, I smudge the space. I pass a sacred herb like white sage or palo santo around the space and myself. I actually dislike sage, so I stick with either palo santo or some incense if I have it. I have some Frankincense resin or some Palo Santo resin incense sticks that I like.
- Design my space: So here I lay my foundation and add the items to my space. So my meditation space is set up with crystals and a picture of Ganesh as well as a pillow to sit on. I've also added some oils that help me relax and open myself up to my higher power. Arrange things how you see fit and just let your higher power guide you.
- The last step is Thanking my Higher Power. This one is also self explanatory, but after creating my sacred space, I thank my higher power and meditate.
Well I hope you enjoyed this insight about how I create the sacred space that you see on my Instagram. If you want to know more about a specific one, Leave a comment down below.
Until next time,